Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 01:46:18 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Three Dates in Fairfax History
« previous next »
: [1]
: Three Dates in Fairfax History  ( 2120 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : October 25, 2010, 10:28:58 PM »

Oops!
Many, many apologies for not keeping this updated. I missed an important one and thought I'd combine it with two others because they are close in dates.

October 15, 1973 The Fairfax Community Library opened it's doors for the first time. The library was a combination town and school library, and the first of it's kind in the state.

October 25, 2008 The last football game was played at McNall Field, located on McNall Road. All youth football Patriots games and high school Bullets games are now played on the Rec Field.
Speaking of Patriots......

October 26, 2002 The Fairfax Patriots Youth Football was organized.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Dick Brown
: 414

« #1 : October 27, 2010, 06:39:00 AM »

Mike ....As one of BFA's employees working within the construction of that 1973 addition , I remember the ingenuity of Marnie Kneeland and  the Fairfax Community Library crew as they tried to provide services to the teachers and students ( and townspeople ), in spite of not having shelves for storing books, or the other features that one expects to find when using a facility of this type.......particularly when one considers that this time period covered the first weeks of their existence as a Community Library.......and when one also considers that each school day students ( and staff )were constantly going down the middle of the library on their way to lunch, PE , music , wherever , providing another challenge to the day.  That they succeeded to the point of what we have today is a testimony to the early efforts of not only that group of library employees but also to the students, staff and townspeople for positive support and cooperation with what was taking place. Can you imagine the chaos ? Yet it worked for which modern day Fairfax can be very thankful and proud.  Thanks for noting the date. 
: [1]  
« previous next »
: