Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 05:38:26 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Northwest Riding Club Photos From Shirley Langlois
« previous next »
: [1]
: Northwest Riding Club Photos From Shirley Langlois  ( 4240 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 15, 2006, 12:09:47 PM »

Hi Henry,
    I am finally able to take a minute to get this to you. It is an update on the activities of the women of Fairfax riding in the Best of Gymkhana Invitational at the Champlain Valley Fair on Sept. 1st. This event is organized by Heidi Littlefield who is the daughter of Betty Parker, both of Fairfax. It is a big time horse event with 40 to 45 riders, who come from all over New England to compete for cash prizes of over $2,500. There are several riders competing in it from the Northwestern Riding & Driving Club of No. Fairfax. I am the Assistant Superintendent and am responsible for organizing the work crew and overseeing the events. Our senior rider at our NWRDC gymkhanas took second place and $500. His name is Abbott Lovett and he is from Richmond Vt. and is in his seventies. He and his horse, Breeze, are an excellent team.

I am also including a picture of Chris Flanagan of Fairfax. He is pictured with the winner of the barrel race, Samantha Lain of N.H. Chris generously donated $1,000 to the winner of this game. Samantha did this game in 18.252 seconds. I can't even get on my horse in that time, haha.

I would also like to let everyone know that we still have two more gymkhanas. There is one this coming Sunday and if weather allows we will have our last one on Oct. 7th which will be follow by a BBQ on club grounds. The gymkhanas start at 10am and run until around 4pm in the afternoon. There is no charge to come and watch and there are bathrooms and a concession stand on the grounds, so come out and cheer on your favorite riders. We are located on Rt. 104 across from Adam's Quick Stop.
There is also a PeeWee gymkhana this coming Saturday at the club, they start earlier, around 8:30am.
Thanks for posting this.
Shirley Langlois
NWRDC Chairman/Manager
Other Photos below:

Bev over jump shown above

Sue Horse Shoe

Dawn over jump

Heidi at Best

Lynn B & C

Champlain Valley Fair At Night
« : September 15, 2006, 06:42:35 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond