Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 11:31:00 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Its Going To Be A Wonderful Vermont Christmas
« previous next »
: [1]
: Its Going To Be A Wonderful Vermont Christmas  ( 1928 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : December 20, 2010, 09:11:37 AM »

I was just looking at the weather report and it looks like our temperatures will run in the upper 20s during the day and the teens at night with the possibility of 1 to 3 inches of snow tomorrow night.  We don't have a lot of snow on the ground, probably a foot or so and everything is clean and white.  The three girls are each preparing some special treats.  My youngest is right next door and pops in several times a day (She will have food ready for Thursday night), my middle daughter down in New Hampshire has the week off and will be preparing some Christmas Delicacies and arriving here at the house on Wednesday and my oldest daughter and her family will arrive on Thursday Evening, bringing more food for Friday Night and Christmas Day.  My sister Theresa will be stopping in several times over the weekend and we all plan to attend the 8:30 p.m. Christmas Services at St. Lukes.

I am not sure just when we will have our Tree and I was thinking, its kind of nice to grow old and just watch and enjoy the next generation plan and follow through on the Christmas Festivities.  It is like being a child again, not knowing exactly what is going to happen, but knowing whatever does, it will truly be a great holiday.  I can't help but be thankful for all the gifts God has given me and I hope your Christmas will be as wonderful as I know mine will be.  It isn't about the gifts, its about the people around you that makes Christmas a wonderful time of the year as it does seem to bring out the best in everybody.

Henry Raymond
Kathleen
: 167

« #1 : December 20, 2010, 09:53:57 AM »

It doesn't matter how old you are, or how old the children are -- it's not Christmas until the kids come home!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: