Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 21, 2024, 03:11:37 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  Announcements
| | |-+  Poetry Out Loud Winners
« previous next »
: [1]
: Poetry Out Loud Winners  ( 2707 )
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« : February 04, 2011, 03:00:32 PM »

The following young people, after presenting their second poem to an audience of judges and peers, were the winners in the 2011 Poetry Out Loud competition at BFA.  Organized by Fred Griffin, students select poems from the Poetry Out Loud collection of poetry, memorize them, and then present them in a balanced way that fully expresses the meaning of the poem without being excessively dramatic.  All students in Mr. Griffin's classes participate and then those who choose go on to the competitive level.  After a first performance before an audience of peers and judges, a small group went to the second level.  The winners were then selected.  They are:
1st place:  Jordan Rock
2nd Place:  Elizabeth Stratton
3rd Place: Elena Bourne
Poetry Outloud is a nationwide competition involving over 250,000   students. Jordan Rock will represent BFA Fairfax against 40 other high
school winners in the Vermont State Championships in Monpelier in March.. The Vermont winner travels to Washington DC in April for
the national championships.
« : February 04, 2011, 03:02:29 PM Rev. Elizabeth »
: [1]  
« previous next »
: