Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 09:37:45 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Will This Be The Snowiest February On Record?? Could Be??
« previous next »
: [1]
: Will This Be The Snowiest February On Record?? Could Be??  ( 1589 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 25, 2011, 08:20:42 AM »

Although it has been cold, it has been nice to get a few days in a row with sunshine.  Today will start out the same, but the weather will change as we go through the day.  Clouds will be moving in along with some scattered snow showers by late afternoon and evening.  The snow showers won't amount to much.

But another major winter storm is headed our way for Friday.  The snow will start in our southern areas by sunrise and quickly spread northward.  Heavy, wet snow will come down hard and heavy during the day.  It may mix with some sleet in our southern areas.  The wind will become strong out of the north, blowing and drifting the snow.  6-12" of accumulation can be expected from this storm for most of the North Country, except the St. Lawrence Valley where 3-6" will accumulate.

A *WINTER STORM WARNING* will be in effect from 4 AM Friday to 11 PM Friday.

We'll catch a break over the weekend with some sun on Saturday and just a few scattered snow showers on Sunday.

But then another strong storm will bring snow, sleet, rain and wind to the North Country on Monday to close out the month of February.

At this point, this is the 5th-snowiest February on record.  We will easily be #2 after Friday, and this could end up being the snowiest February ever recorded.

It is now 8:19 AM and nothing here so far - Could our Weathermen be wrong??

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: