Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 09:03:57 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  John Schraven Took An Interesting Walk Today
« previous next »
: [1]
: John Schraven Took An Interesting Walk Today  ( 3866 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : March 27, 2011, 08:27:19 PM »

Well John, aside from the fact that I would have had a lot of winter clothes on today, this is obviously a photo I would have delegated someone else to take - Thank God he was facing you!!

Henry Raymond
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #1 : March 28, 2011, 08:56:47 AM »

It is the season, I have seen a lot them this past week and gotten a couple calls to.

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #2 : March 28, 2011, 01:28:55 PM »

As much as we loathe their defense mechanism, they are rather cute critters!
MikeF9
: 1994

« #3 : March 28, 2011, 05:30:57 PM »

I don't know if I could have stood there and taken pictures of it. I most likely would have screamed like a girl and sprinted (knees be damned) as far away as I could. We've had bad experiences with skunks and our pets, and the smell makes me violently gag.
Congrats, John, on the show of bravery.
« : April 01, 2011, 10:35:17 AM MikeF9 »

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #4 : April 01, 2011, 05:09:49 AM »

Skunks
by Randy DeVine
(to the Fairfax News)

'T is the season when these critters are waking up from a winter's nap. The chances that your canine will have an encounter with these wildlife kitty's have just increased.

Skunks generally mind their own business, however, when they feel threatened, they will not hesitate to use their defensive system. Your domestic pet may be a recipient of a skunk spray and I have just the solution.

Myth is that tomato juice works for just that- well, I would rather drink the tomato juice, or better yet, how about a Bloody Mary? I've tried the tomato juice wash and haven't found much success. During my time as constable for the Town of Fairfax, I have had to decapitate skunks that were suspected of being infected with rabies and submit the head to the Vermont Department of Health for rabies analysis. Dr. Bob Johnson, State Veterinarian gave me this solution to neutralize the skunk spray and it works great. Here it is:

1 Quart Hydrogen Peroxide, 1/4 Cup Baking Soda, 1 Teaspoon of liquid dish detergent. Mix together and apply with a sponger brush and rinse. Be careful around your pets' eyes. I mix a double batch to assure I have enough to do the job. Latex, or rubber, gloves are essential for this procedure.

Your pet will soon be huggable and be allowed back in the house.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
Judi
: 508

« #5 : April 01, 2011, 05:43:54 AM »

I can personally attest that this solution works, instantly! I keep the recipe in my dog's file folder hoping I never have to use it again but you never know.
Razzle Dazzle

« #6 : April 01, 2011, 07:25:39 AM »

I can personally attest that this solution works, instantly! I keep the recipe in my dog's file folder hoping I never have to use it again but you never know.

Yup...I've had to use it also.
And like Mike...I'll gag.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: