Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 04:50:10 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Fay Raymo Dies At Age 86
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fay Raymo Dies At Age 86  ( 2190 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 04, 2011, 03:44:19 PM »

Fabian J. Raymo

Fairfield – Fabian J. Raymo, 86, the “Mayor of Fairfield” passed away Saturday, April 2, 2011, at the Fletcher Allen Health Care with his family and friends at his side, following a brief illness.  Born on January 1, 1925, in Fairfield, Fay was the son of the late Henry and Clara (Lapan) Raymo.

Fay attended school on the Ridge in Fairfield, and then worked for the Vermont State Highway Department as a road foreman.  Prior to working for the highway department he worked for S. Allen Soule in his sugaring business.  Fay was a member of St. Patrick Catholic Church where for many years he served as groundskeeper and caretaker for the St. Patrick’s Cemetery.   Fay will be remembered for always mowing or plowing his neighbor’s yards and never missing a day at Chester’s on the Square.  He was a former member of the Fairfield Fire Department, where he served as Chief in 1963-64.

Survivors include his sister, Amanda Furkey of Enosburg and several nieces, nephews and cousins.  Fay is also survived by his special friends and neighbors for over 60 years, Albert and Jackie Tetreault.  In addition to his parents, Fay was preceded in death by his sisters, Bertha Bovat, Henrietta Barup and Laura Raymo.

Relatives and friends are invited to attend calling hours on Wednesday, April 6, 2011, from 4 to 7 PM in the Heald Funeral Home, 87 South Main Street, St. Albans.

A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated on Thursday April 7th at 11:00 AM in St. Patrick’s Catholic Church on the Church Road in Fairfield.  The Reverend Leonidas B. Laroche will be celebrant.  Interment will be later this spring in the Raymo family lot in St. Patrick’s Cemetery.  Honor Fay’s memory with a contribution to St. Patrick Catholic Church or St. Patrick Cemetery, P.O. Box 18, Fairfield, Vermont  05455. Private messages of condolence are welcome at www.healdfuneralhome.com.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : April 04, 2011, 04:00:48 PM »

For those of you that read the forum, you have undoubtedly heard a few stories I have told about Fairfield Ridge.  Even though we spell our last names differently, Fay and I are first cousins and his father died a short time before I was born, so my Dad wanted to name me after his older brother Henry.  Fay was actually born on my Grandfather's farm on Fairfield Ridge and went to the same one room school as I did before they left the farm after his father died.

Fay, Laura & Amanda are known by everyone in Fairfield and are truly wonderful people who have left a mark on their community for their many good deeds.  May you rest in peace Fay.

Henry Raymond
David Shea
: 471

« #2 : April 05, 2011, 08:56:18 AM »

Henry,
On my recent visits to Chester's Bakery in Fairfield I saw Fay.  He like to sit next to the counter & talk with the women in the kitchen.  He always had a smile on his face and a joke to tell.  I didn't get a chance to know him well, but I could tell that I would like him if I got the chance to know him.
Dave
: [1]  
« previous next »
: