Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 04:57:12 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  VEC To Implement Automatic Meter Reading
« previous next »
: [1]
: VEC To Implement Automatic Meter Reading  ( 3622 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 02, 2011, 07:12:14 AM »

I am not sure what all the perks are in this, but I understand that the meter reader will no longer have to trudge through the snow banks each mont to read the meter - I am sure that there will be some type of feedback on power useage to the homeowner:

VEC ANNOUNCES THE IMPLEMENTATION OF AUTOMATIC METER READING (AMR)
Dear Valued Member:
Over the next couple of weeks, one of VEC's field technicians will be at your property to change out your meter and install a new
electronic meter which contains an AMR module. The outward appearance of the meter will not change. During the exchange you
will experience a brief interruption of power. More information is available on our website at:

or you may call a Member Service Rep at 1-800-832-2667.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience during this project.

Henry Raymond
LauriH
: 53

« #1 : April 02, 2011, 09:07:56 AM »

Henry, Ours was changed out at least a year ago.  The only difference you will notice is that the meter reader will no longer pay you a monthly visit.
David Shea
: 471

« #2 : April 04, 2011, 01:09:10 PM »

The meter will also allow you to create an account at VEC and monitor your power usage on a daily basis, if you so choose.  This technology also allows VEC to determine the location of a power outage from their central dispatch center.

I am sure there are other things that the meters can do, but this is what I am aware of.
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #3 : April 04, 2011, 01:17:15 PM »

Thanks David.  Dad and I talked about that might be a possibility.  I am so creating an account when this is done!  Yup the geek in me must know!

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
mkr
Administrator
: 1744

« #4 : April 05, 2011, 12:21:20 PM »

Mine and Dad's just got changed out this afternoon! 

"Life is too short, so love the one you got!"
: [1]  
« previous next »
: