Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 10:20:45 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  Announcements
| | |-+  River Berry Farm greenhouses are opening this Saturday, April 30th!!
« previous next »
: [1]
: River Berry Farm greenhouses are opening this Saturday, April 30th!!  ( 1968 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 27, 2011, 07:51:27 AM »

River Berry Farm greenhouses are opening this Saturday, April 30th!! 

Annuals, perennials, herbs and vegetable plants to transplant into your gardens, hanging baskets and color bowls for splashes of color to brighten your world as well as fruit and ornamental shrubs.

Everything on our farm is managed organically!!  In the greenhouses that means that we make our own organic potting mix, fertilize with fish emulsion and use beneficial organisms and insects to control diseases and insect pests.

We grow what we sell.   We know our stuff and have tended to them for months.  We don’t use plant growth regulators or put on plants “on steroids”, ie. over-fertilize. This ensures better growth in your garden, rather than pumped up plants that kind of go into shock when they leave the greenhouse.  The comments we receive most are how well our plants perform.

Consider a Gift Certificate for Mother's Day!  She gets what she wants plus a nice saunter through the blooms of the greenhouse.  I know I'm biased, but walking walking through the greenhouses are magical.  Color, smells, moist air.  (OK, some days it smells a little fishy if we just fertilized, but we try to air that out quickly.)

What's new?? 

Several new annuals flowers and foliage plants  Check out the beautiful new purple and black Calibrachoa "Bllackberry Punch"  or dainty flowered Bidens "Goldilocks Rocks".  I'm loving this new pansy mix called "Watercolors".  Playing with foliage plants are my favorite, as you might have noticed, I put this "candy at the counter", right up front.  Some new foliage plants are the striking Carex "Rekohu Sunrise", Cordyline "Caruba Black", and piles of Coleus, plus lots more.

Oh yeah, perennials....gotta love them.  Two beautiful  Heucheras, "Key Lime" and "Peach Melba".  How about some monstrous growing Hosta Jurassic Park, striking Astrantia "Star of Fire", ohh, a favorite of mine, Cimicifuga "James Compton, Geum "red Dragon". Trollius "Orange Princess", that's just the beginning.  You'll have to come see for yourself.

Ever-bearing Strawberry Hanging Baskets.  You better get yours fast.  We experimented with them last year and they're great!! 

Herbs and Vegetable starts:  Lemon Verbena and Lemon Thyme...ummm-yum.  Smells so good when I'm watering.  Sweet Woodruff, makes a great ground cover too.  We've got 8" Basil Pots if you're ready to get the pesto season rolling and a sundry of others.  Vegetables!  That's David's category.  He knows vegetables and selects carefully.  We try not to overwhelm with choices and pick out what we know grows well here...being that we're primarily vegetable growers, we got you covered here.

The chickens are popping out eggs like its, I don't know, Easter??  Well, we got eggs!!  Organic and tasty.

For farm stand updates, check out riverberryfarm.com "This Week in the Farm Stand".

OK  That's enough coaxing.  Come on over and let's get this season rolling.

See you soon!
Jane, David, Huck and Ada and the fabulous crew at River Berry Farm

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: