Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 03:28:00 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Fairfax Artist's Work Featured At Bryan Memorial Gallery
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fairfax Artist's Work Featured At Bryan Memorial Gallery  ( 1821 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 15, 2011, 02:40:46 PM »

The artwork of Janet Bonneau of "Fairfax has been chosen for inclusion at the Bryan Memorial Gallery's Land & Light & Water & Air show.  The event runs from May 6 through June 26, at the gallery's 180 Main St. location in Jeffersonville. An artists' reception will take place on Sunday, May 15, from 3-5 p.m.

"I'm very pleased that one of my landscapes was chosen this year for the show and that I will have the opportunity to participate in the gallery's longstanding tradition of exhibiting artists who are inspired by the landscape," Bonneau said. "I'm humbled to be in such great company."

Bonneau's 16" x 20" 'en plein air' (in the open air) oil painting Wooded Stream was created outdoors on the banks of a stream near her home on a frosty winter day in February.

"My favorite place to paint is outside. Sometimes the best place to find the beauty of nature is in your backyard," Bonneau said. "I'm always chasing the light."

Bonneau studied painting at the Maryland Institute, College of Art, in Baltimore, Maryland, where she received rigorous academic training in painting, drawing, and
art history. In addition, she studied art, history and architecture of several major cities in Europe including London, Paris and Rome. She is a member of the Bryan Memorial Gallery, Northern Vermont Artists Association and the St. Albans Artists' Guild and is represented by the Vermont Fine Arts Gallery in Stowe and the Village Frame Shop and Gallery in St. Albans.

Bonneau is also a photographer and has exhibited both her fine art and/or photography at the Art in Bloom show in Fairfax, Red Mill Gallery in Jericho, Stowe Art on the Fence, Missisquoi Wildlife Refuge Project, Shelburne Art Center, Vermont Hand Crafters Annual Holiday Show, Vermont Craft Producers Shelburne Museum Art and Craft Festival, Stowe Street Arts Festival, Burlington Arts Alive, Vermont Maple Festival and the St. Albans Historical Museum. Her work can also be seen at: www.artwanted.com and www.vermontfineartgallery.com

For more information, contact Bonneau at 849-2049, or at jbonneau@moomail.net.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: