Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 03:42:20 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  A Couple Of Locals Play Key Roles In Champlain Bridge Building
« previous next »
: [1]
: A Couple Of Locals Play Key Roles In Champlain Bridge Building  ( 2170 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : August 27, 2011, 04:37:09 PM »

Brendan Driscoll & Jack Lemieux both played important roles on the project since its inception.  I am trying to get in touch with them to find out more as I was informed by a third party and want to make sure I have my facts right.

« : August 27, 2011, 04:40:22 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : August 27, 2011, 04:43:27 PM »

I just got a message back from Jack Lemieux with helps me out tremendously.  I am looking forward to getting a photo of these two young men:

"HI Henry,
Thanks for your interest in my work on the bridge.
I am a Carpenter Foreman. My crew and I were responsible for getting all of the piers built (even in the dead of winter!). We also prepared the deck for concrete and most recenly prepared the barges for floating the arch across the lake. I was lucky enough to even be on one of the barges while the arch was being moved. I don't make it up to Fairfax very often right now because I am working six days a week, but I was thinking that I could have one of my crewmembers take a photo of Brendan and I at the bridge one day after work. I could send it to you. Would that work? or did you want to take the photo yourself. Also, may I ask what the photo is for?
Best wishes,
Jack"

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: