Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 09:19:47 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  You Might Want To Lock Your Windows Too
« previous next »
: [1]
: You Might Want To Lock Your Windows Too  ( 4588 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : August 23, 2011, 10:28:10 AM »

I understand in the early morning hours that someone entered a home through an unlocked window.  They left their shoes outside and the family woke up to someone in the house.  The unknown person was chased, but not apprehended.  This occurred in the village in The Old Academy Street Area - Hard to believe someone would do that.  Good idea to lock your windows shut and block those that might contain an air conditioner.

Henry Raymond
vtoutdoorguymb
: 136

« #1 : August 23, 2011, 09:41:58 PM »

Scary since this is close to home... Well, I have a large-caliber bet that if they make it in they won't make it out...
Razzle Dazzle

« #2 : August 24, 2011, 05:22:36 AM »

Scary stuff...I hope the authorities were notified.
Kathleen
: 167

« #3 : August 24, 2011, 08:42:54 AM »

Scary since this is close to home... Well, I have a large-caliber bet that if they make it in they won't make it out...

Just make sure that he's facing you when you shoot otherwise YOU will be the criminal and not him. I remember a person shooting an intruder in Grand Isle as he was climbing out the window or running away or something, and it was the shooter not the intruder who was in the most trouble.
vtoutdoorguymb
: 136

« #4 : August 24, 2011, 11:53:23 PM »

True story! I heard of a similar incident. Did you hear a homeowner was successfully sued by a burglar who fell through his skylight while trying to rob the house? Ridiculous!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: