Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 06:15:33 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Mother Of Louise Hakey Dies At Age 93
« previous next »
: [1]
: Mother Of Louise Hakey Dies At Age 93  ( 1599 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 02, 2011, 07:26:07 AM »

IRENE MARIE KILMARTIN WORTH

BENNINGTON - Irene Marie (Kilmartin) Worth, 93, a resident of Park Street in Bennington, passed away Tuesday, Aug. 30, 2011, at Albany, N.Y. Medical Center. Irene was born in Stamford, Conn. on Aug. 21, 1918, the daughter of William and Mary Veronica (Fitzgerald) Kilmartin. She was educated in Stamford schools, graduating from Stamford, Conn. High School. Irene worked as a hairdresser, a dental assistant and was a switchboard operator during W.W.II. In her later years, she worked as a secretary for Ivan Sorval-Dupont. She was an avid reader and in her earlier years was an exceptional knitter. She enjoyed following the New York Yankees, enjoyed listening to Irish music, played the piano and appreciated the friendship and care given by her caregiver, Marilyn. Irene is survived by her children, Maureen WorthHamilton of Raleigh, N.C., and Louise Hakey and her husband, Mark, of Fairfax; her grandchildren, Michael C. Hakey of Fairfax, Holly Hakey-Magoon and her husband, Earl, of Colchester, Maureen Anne Hakey of Milton, and Patrick M. Hakey; and her great-grandchildren, Brett, Thomas, Jake, Meghan, Riley and Taylor. She was preceded in death by her husband, Leslie W. Worth, a W.W.II United States Marine Veteran who died Feb. 10, 1992. The liturgy of Christian death and burial will be celebrated Saturday morning, Sept. 3, 2011, at 10 a.m. at Sacred Heart, St. Francis de Sales Roman Catholic Church in Bennington. There are no visiting hours. Interment will be held Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2011, at 11 a.m. in the family lot in St. John's Roman Catholic Cemetery in Springale/Darian, Conn. If friends desire, memorial gifts in Irene's memory may be made to the American Heart Association , or the Humane Society, c/o Hanson-Walbridge Funeral Home, P.O. Box 957, Bennington, VT 05201. To send the family email condolences please visit www.sheafuneralhomes. com. The family has entrusted arrangements to the care of Hanson-Walbridge Funeral Home, 213 West Main Street, Bennington, VT.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: