Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:25:00 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  The Demise Of The Clesson Billado Barn By David Shea
« previous next »
: [1]
: The Demise Of The Clesson Billado Barn By David Shea  ( 2546 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 07, 2011, 08:23:05 AM »

Back in May of 2007, I received some information from David Shea, regarding the Clesson Billado Farm, which I believe is actually on The Richards Road - Click on the link below to read that part of the story:

http://www.vtgrandpa.com/forum/index.php?topic=1613.0

In June of 2008, Bob Horr sent me a note telling me about the windstorm and the further damage that had been done to The Clesson Billado Barn:

Henry:
A large portion Clesson Billado's main barn (northwest end) on McNall road was a victim of the violent windstorm in Fairfax Tuesday evening of June 10th. Bob Horr

At that time my photo gallery was down, but I had the following photos that were taken and sent to me by David Shea that were included in his barns of Fairfax.  I believe the photos below are of the barns.  Thanks for making us aware Bob and a special thanks to David Shea for taking the time to go out and take some photos of these wonderful old barns here in Fairfax.  The photo gallery has more information.

To see David Shea's Barns of Fairfax, click on the following link:

http://www.vtgrandpa.com/photos/Barns-of-Fairfax-a-reminder-of-our-past
[/b]

Tim Wills took a couple of photos of the Old Clesson Billado Barn after the wind storm on June 10, 2008

There is still some old hay left in the hay mow

The old milkhouse sits out front nearly intact

Looking at the Clesson Billado Farm from McNall Road as it looks today

Here is a picture of the main barn prior to being demolished. In the foreground is Larry Young's dump truck, Larry is a hard worker and is still in the business today.

Henry,
I was hoping that these could be added to the Photo Gallery to show the final demise of the Billedo Property of  McNall Rd. Larry Young can be seen demolishing the property. As YOU may remember I took pictures of the property while it was intact.
 - Dave Shea

Larry is sorting through the debris from the metal with his excavator. He then loads the wood in his dump truck for removal.

Larry's excavator has grasp on some demolished wood that will be loaded in his dump truck.

Henry Raymond
David Shea
: 471

« #1 : September 07, 2011, 02:40:21 PM »

Henry,
Thanks for piecing all of the pictures together to fill in the blanks of this story.
Dave
: [1]  
« previous next »
: