Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 01:31:47 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  Announcements
| | |-+  Donate Your Used Bike
« previous next »
: [1]
: Donate Your Used Bike  ( 2084 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 12, 2011, 06:04:56 AM »

DONATE YOUR USED BIKE
     Change Someone’s Life
Saturday, September 17, 2011    9 AM to 1 PM
Burlington Electric Department, 585 Pine Street, Burlington
Got a bike gathering dust in your garage?  Make a difference for someone in the developing world by donating your bike, plus $10 to help with shipping. Your bike will become dependable, affordable transportation for a struggling family in Africa, Central America or Eastern Europe. Bikes help people escape poverty by providing access to jobs and school.  We also collect sewing machines in working condition.
We request a $10 donation per bike to ship bikes overseas.   We’ll give you a receipt for your entire tax deductible contribution (Value of bike and the $10 shipping fee).
Since 1999, the Green Mountain Returned Peace Corps Volunteers has collected almost 3,000 used bikes in repairable condition for Pedals for Progress.  We appreciate the assistance of Bike Recycle Vermont, Ripple, FedEx, and the Burlington Electric Department.
No bike to donate? Some other easy ways to help!
1.      Spread the word to family, friends, co-workers, via email or a bulletin board post. Like us on Facebook www.Facebook.com/p4pVermont
2.      Volunteer on the day of the event
3.      Donate any to help with shipping costs.  Make checks to “P4P”
If you can’t make it to the collection on Saturday, you can arrange to drop bikes off at our house before then.  Contact Bob and Paula Thompson (802)879-9470
27 Deer Run Lane, Westford, VT 05494
More information at:
 http://P4Pvermont.blogspot.com  www.facebook.com/p4pVermont  www.p4p.org
bob.thompson@vt.usda.gov

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: