Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 23, 2024, 06:22:10 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  So What's Closed & What's Open On President's Day??
« previous next »
: [1]
: So What's Closed & What's Open On President's Day??  ( 2237 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 20, 2012, 08:29:26 AM »

I am assuming we won't be getting any mail today and the banks most definitely will be closed - Also, I didn't notice the school buses going by this morning, although they could have and I missed them.

Gotta stop by and see what our Town Crew has to say about the potential for spring roads.  The lack of snow and I don't think any -20 degrees below zero weather might help the situation.

Looks like another unseasonably warm week ahead, but I'm not complaining.  I noticed an awful lot of really icy driveways on my way down to the village yesterday and gave some thought to snapping a few pictures of them, but suspect people who own the driveways might not appreciate my taking a photo of their place.  I know one elderly couple's driveway is certainly impossible to walk on, not sure how they do get their mail and newspaper unless someone picks it up for them.  As icy as it has been, we have been very fortunate that nobody has taken a good fall and broken some bones.

Never fear, spring is just about here as Town Meeting rolls around shortly - Some big decisions to be made, so hopefully everyone is well informed and gets out and votes - Don't forget, if you can't make it to the polls, you can always vote by absentee ballot.

Henry Raymond
LibraryPrograms
: 363

« #1 : February 20, 2012, 11:36:07 AM »

The library is open till 5:30 - regular Monday hours!  The school is also open.

--
Nicole Vance - Program Planner
Fairfax Community Library
75 Hunt St.
Fairfax, VT 05454
(802) 849-2420
libraryprograms@fwsu.org
Find us on Facebook!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: