Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 12:24:40 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Former Fairfax Teacher Dies
« previous next »
: [1]
: Former Fairfax Teacher Dies  ( 2164 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : March 18, 2012, 07:22:42 AM »

IVA WILLIAMS

CHESTER - Iva Williams was born in Georgia, Vt. on Sept. 10, 1915, daughter of Raleigh and Ellen (Mackie) Robertson, and was raised in Waitsfield. Iva graduated from the University of Vermont in 1937. She became a teacher, starting in a one room school house on Kneeland Flats in Waterbury. She also taught in Waterbury Village, Fairfax and Barre. Iva married Francis Williams on April 12, 1957, and they were married for 47 years, residing in Westford and later in Waterbury. Following retirement, Iva and Francis spent their winters in Belleview, Fla. and summers at the lake in Grand Isle. For the past 11 years, Iva has resided at the home of her neice, Mary L. and her husband, John Aremburg, in Chester. Iva is also survived by a neice, Nancy Mills; nephew, Clifford (Christine) Collins; cousins, Eben (Mary) Smith and Charles (Marian) Smith; stepchildren, Robert (Nina) Williams, David (Christine) Williams, Betty Martell (Jim Bryce), Larry (Barb) Williams, Judy (Dick) Beehner; many great-neices and nephews; and many stepgrandchildren, greatgrandchildren, and greatgreat-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her husband, Francis in 2004; sister, Glenna and brother-in-law, Herbert Collins Sr.; cousin, Gertrude Blake; nephew, Herbert Collins Jr.; stepson, Roger Williams; and grandson, Jody Williams. Visiting hours will be Tuesday, March 20, 2012, from 2 to 4 p.m. at the Adams Funeral Home, 35 Depot Street, Chester. Services and burial will be held in the spring in Georgia, Vt. In lieu of flowers, the family suggests donations be made to Visiting Nurse Association & Hospice of VT and NH, PO Box 976, White River Junction, VT 05001.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: