Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 07:18:54 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Gale Edwards Dies At Age 71
« previous next »
: [1]
: Gale Edwards Dies At Age 71  ( 2020 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : March 24, 2012, 07:35:27 AM »

GALE EUGENE EDWARDS
November 1, 1940 - March 23, 2012

FAIRFAX - Gale Eugene Edwards, of Old Academy Street, passed away at home in Fairfax on March 23, 2012, surrounded by his loving family, after fighting a valiant battle with cancer. Gale was born in Burlington on Nov. 1, 1940, to Thomas and Mary Edwards. He graduated from Peoples Academy in 1958 and from VTC in 1960. In 1961, he married Jenene Patterson. They resided in Jeffersonville, raising their family. In 2007 they moved to North Carolina, returning to Vermont in 2010. Gale worked for his dad as a carpenter after college, until 1972. From then until his retirement, he owned and operated Edwards Contracting with his son. Gale was an avid bowler and sports fanatic, always ready to cheer on his NY Yankees. He coached and then umpired many Little League games everywhere in Lamoille County and only stopped when his eyesight deteriorated. Even then, he would drive down to the ball field to watch the kids play. In recent years, Gale enjoyed spending time with his good friend, Elwood, and all the boys from camp. He is survived by his wife of 50 years, Jenene; his children and their spouses, Craig and Debbie Edwards of Wolcott, and Shawna and Eric Hanley of Jeffersonville; five grandchildren, Desirae, Carson, and Brady Edwards, and Justin and Nick Marsh; two great-grandsons, Gavin and Jarren; his mother, Mary Edwards; sister, Sharon and husband, Gary McNally; and two brothers, Smith and wife, Jan Edwards, and Ron and wife, Barbara Edwards. He was predeceased by his father, Tom; an infant son, Ross; and his granddaughter, Alexa. The family will receive friends on Saturday, March 31, 2012, at the Waterville Union Church, Waterville, from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m., when services will be held.

Interment will be in Jeffersonville Village Cemetery. Arrangements are in the care of des Groseilliers Funeral Homes, Johnson. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Lamoille Area Cancer Network, P.O. Box 38, Lake Elmore, VT 05657.
« : March 24, 2012, 07:38:21 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: