Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 04:27:24 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Ronald D. "Ron" Ledoux Dies At Age 69
« previous next »
: [1]
: Ronald D. "Ron" Ledoux Dies At Age 69  ( 2472 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : March 26, 2012, 04:09:13 PM »

Ronald D. "Ron" Ledoux
(September 8, 1942 - March 26, 2012)

Fairfax – Ronald “Ron” D. Ledoux, 69, a lifelong resident of this area, passed away Monday, March 26, 2012, at the Vermont Respite House with his loving family at his side. Born in St. Albans, on September 8, 1942, Ron was the son of the late Adrien and Helen (Shore) Ledoux.

In St. Luke’s Catholic Church on November 25, 1961, Ron married Patricia Palmer, who survives him.

Ron was a 1960 graduate of Bellows Free Academy in Fairfax. For many years he owned and operated Ron’s Arco in Fairfax and then was a mechanic for J&L Service Station in St. Albans. He then was a Data processor for SCOTT from which he retired in 2005. Ron was a former member of the Fairfax Fire Department, Franklin County Sportsman Club and Lamoille Lodge # 6, F&AM. He was a self-taught woodworker, an avid hunter and fisherman, enjoyed snowmobiling, summers camping on Fairfield Pond and was an avid NASCAR fan.

Survivors include his wife of fifty-years, Patricia of Fairfax; their daughters, Laurie Ledoux of Georgia and Linda Pacheco and her husband, Juan of St. Albans and his grandchildren, Adrienne and Jamie Ledoux and Eliana and Andoni Pacheco. He is also survived by his extended family, the Glendon Palmer family and special friends and neighbors, Albert and Elaine Nichols. In addition to his parents, Ron was preceded in death by his in-laws, Glendon and Catherine Palmer.

The family would like to extend a special thank you to the staff of the Visiting Nurses Association and the Vermont Respite House, for the care and support that Ron and his family received during his stay.

Relatives and friends are invited to attend calling hours on Wednesday, March 28, 2012, from 4:00 to 8:00 P.M. at the Heald Funeral Home, 87 South Main Street, St. Albans.

A funeral service will be held on Thursday, March 29th at 11:00 A.M. in the First Congregational Church of St. Albans on the north end of Church Street. The Reverend Judith Steger-Kennedy will officiate. Interment will follow in the family lot in Hope Cemetery in Georgia. Those wishing to honor Ron’s memory are asked to contribute to the Fairfax Fire Department, 12-102 Goodall Street, Fairfax, Vermont 05454; Fairfax Rescue, P.O. Box 228, Fairfax, Vermont 05454; Vermont Respite House, 99 Allen Brook Lane, Williston, Vermont 05495 or the Jim Bashaw Catastrophic Illness Fund, c/o Northwestern Medical Center, Community Relations Office3, 133 Fairfield, Street, St. Albans, Vermont 05478. Private messages of condolence to Ron’s family are welcome at www.healdfuneralhome.com.

« : March 26, 2012, 05:54:12 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : March 26, 2012, 05:54:35 PM »

A full obituary has been posted

Henry Raymond
MikeF9
: 1994

« #2 : March 26, 2012, 10:24:50 PM »

Well, shoot. That's too bad.
I worked for Ronnie LeDoux back in 1977 and 1978.
Quite the learning experience, both in the garage and with the people who frequented the place. My world opened up working there, as many residents stopped in. People I had heard of but never met. Gas was 59.9 cents a gallon, and most people stopped and got 3 dollars worth.
Ron was a hard worker, but also could be laid back at times, which allowed for the customers to visit and kibbitz now and then. Lots of stories.
Rest in peace, Ron.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
mirjo
: 785

« #3 : March 27, 2012, 01:35:36 PM »

Condolences to the Ledoux family.

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
: [1]  
« previous next »
: