Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 06:19:54 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  History Of New Hampton Institute Being Revisited
« previous next »
: [1]
: History Of New Hampton Institute Being Revisited  ( 2122 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : March 13, 2007, 07:37:09 AM »

The Fairfax Historical Society will be meeting Sunday March 25th at 2pm in the Fairfax Community Library. The program will be a look at the New Hampton Institute; a Theological and Literary prep school located in Fairfax in the latter half of the 1800’s. Some new information has surfaced about the buildings after it was no longer a school.

If anyone has any memories of the school or buildings, we invite you to come and share.

The public is also invited to attend.

For more information, please call 849-6638.

Click on the following link to view photos of the old NHI that burned in 1897 and the new NHI that was torn down by Fred Hebert in the mid 1940s (Just click on the thumbnail for a larger view):

[/b]
« : March 13, 2007, 07:42:34 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: