Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 12:21:34 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Father Of Thomas Curley Dies At Age 84
« previous next »
: [1]
: Father Of Thomas Curley Dies At Age 84  ( 1524 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : June 19, 2012, 07:33:55 AM »

FRANK R. CURLEY

BURLINGTON — On Sunday, June 17, 2012, after facing numerous medical tribulations with his trademark positive attitude, Frank Curley peacefully passed away, surrounded by his loving family.

Frank was born on April 12, 1928, in Albany, N.Y., the son of Frank and Phebe (Parker) Curley. He grew up in Burlington, Providence, R.I., and Berlin, N.H., before returning to Burlington.

He graduated from Burlington High School in 1946 and went to work at J.C. Penney where he met the love of his life, Theresa Marie Miller, to whom he was married for 52 years. They raised a family of nine children on Woodlawn Road.

Frank and Theresa were deeply involved in the growth of the new community that grew off from “The Avenue“. They were parishioners of St. Mark’s Parish, members of the PTA and denizens of the Little League Park on summer evenings. Frank’s commitment to this community continued with his membership in the Kiwanis Club and culminated in his representation of Ward 4 on the City Council in the late 1960s.

After brief employment at The American Woolen Mill and J.C. Penney, he began a lifelong career in the printing industry. He began by sweeping floors at the Free Press Printing Company and later became one of the original employees of the George Little Press where he spent the final 43 years of his working life.

In addition to his devotion to his wife, family and job, Frank’s other passion was camping. He took his family on adventures that started in pup tents in Vermont State Parks which evolved into nationwide adventures with Theresa in their motorhome.

Frank is survived by his seven sons, Gary of Randolph and his son; Craig and his wife, Susan, of Concord, N.H., and their three children; Bruce and his wife, Patricia, of Burlington, and their daughter; Thomas and his wife, Jacquelyn, of Fairfax; Kevin and his wife, Kathy, of Burlington, and their three children; William and his wife, Erica, of Essex Junction, and their three children; Jim and his wife, Denise, of Richmond, and their three children; his two devoted daughters, Kathy Hevey and her husband, Gary, and their three daughters; and Susan Little, and her husband, Sam, of Burlington, and their two children.

A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated on Wednesday, June 20, 2012, at 11 a.m. in St. Mark’s Church with burial to follow in New Mt. Calvary Cemetery.

Visiting hours are Tuesday, June 19, 2012, from 4 to 7 p.m. at Corbin & Palmer Funeral Home.

Visit burlingtonfreepress.com/obituaries to express condolences and sign the guest book.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: