Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 06:36:44 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Green Up Day Photos-- BFA Students Enjoy The Bright Sunshine
« previous next »
: [1]
: Green Up Day Photos-- BFA Students Enjoy The Bright Sunshine  ( 2908 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 03, 2007, 01:46:36 PM »

Hi All,

Vermont's Green Up Day began in 1970 when 70,000 Vermonters joined forces around the state to clean up roadside litter that had accumulated during the winter months. After 37 years, the Green Up legacy continues to foster the stewardship of the Vermont landscape. It's about far more than picking up highway litter and cleaning up public parks. Green Up Day is about people of all ages from all walks of life joining together in community spirit to take care of Vermont. It teaches our children pride and respect. This Saturday, the official Green-Up Day, we will see many Fairfax Residents again participating as they meet at the Library Parking Lot at BFA at 9 a.m.

For many years now, I actually suspect from the very beginning, BFA Fairfax has participated in Green Up Day -- Here a sampling of the youngsters this afternoon on Wilkins & Huntville Road:

Each group had an adult with them and I explained who I was and that there would be no names

These two young men with one standing behind the lady who didn't want his picture taken stopped briefly, the young man in the red shirt still holding some trash he has yet to throw in the bag

The young man on the right was really into Green Up Day - Bet he could really cheer for those Red Sox who I see he was a big fan of

As you can see by the two bags the adult is holding these young ladies have been doing a bang up job

This real happy energetic group here stopped for a moment to pose for a photo then back to work they went

Told these boys I was taking a group of photos and would be putting them up on the Internet
The young man on the right told me I could easily select one photo, theirs, and put it in the newspaper
What a hoot he was -- Bet he'll go places in this world

Started up the Huntville Road and got these girls to pose for me

As the group up the road joined them as they had run out of bags

I went up and down several other roads, but it was getting late, I did see a lot of green bags though

« : May 04, 2007, 06:47:36 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : May 03, 2007, 05:14:53 PM »

My apologies for forgetting to upload the second photo down in the group and thanks to the individual who wrote to me to let me know it was missing -- These youngsters were all so cute and polite, I intended to upload every photo that I took and I believe I now have.
« : May 04, 2007, 06:44:50 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: