Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 06:15:10 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  State Police Warn Of Lottery Scam
« previous next »
: [1]
: State Police Warn Of Lottery Scam  ( 1755 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 18, 2007, 09:16:44 AM »

State Police in St. Johnsbury are warning of a scam in which people learn they have won second place in a worldwide prize sweepstakes lottery program.

Troopers said they received a complaint that a company called "Trinity Worldwide Sweepstakes and Lotteries" informs recipients via mail that they have won $150,000.

The mailing contains a business style check in the amount of $2,895 to allow the recipient to pay "insurance fees." The recipient is advised to call to confirm that he or she should call to confirm that they have received the letter and check before cashing the check.

The header on the check shows that it is drawn on "L.A. Contractor's Corporation" held by 1st Centennial Bank in Brea, Ca. The business is legitimate, the check in not, police say.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: