Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 02:32:21 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  FAIRFAX COMMUNITY PARK GRAND OPENING CELEBRATION
« previous next »
: [1]
: FAIRFAX COMMUNITY PARK GRAND OPENING CELEBRATION  ( 1882 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 23, 2007, 09:27:14 PM »

FAIRFAX COMMUNITY PARK GRAND OPENING CELEBRATION
and more…
Saturday, June 2, 2007
10:00am to 3:00pm at the Fairfax Community Park in Fairfax Vermont

There is no admission charge.  Some free activities and a variety of fundraising activities/events going on all day.

Tentative Scheduled Activities
10:00am – 11:00am (approximate finish)   
FAIRFAX DUCKY RACE – ducky launch on the Lamoille River near Stone Brook along River Road.  Follow the duckies as they are herded down the Lamoille River to the Fairfax Community Park’s recreation path finish line location.  First 3 duckies to the finish line win cash prizes!  $3 Ducky Tickets on sale around town.
11:00am
   FBPA Cookout
11:00am
   BFA Boys Baseball Playoff at the BFA Fairfax school baseball field
12:00pm – 12:20
Fairfax Community Park GRAND OPENING CEREMONY – statements of appreciation and celebration of this community accomplishment.
12:15pm – until chili is gone! Or 1:00pm whichever comes first

CHILI COOKOFF CONTEST begins – Tokens to taste test and vote on best Chili in Fairfax.  To enter your chili, you must pre-register by contacting Sharon O’Neill at 849-6890  or grayoak@MSN.com
12:45pm – 1:00pm
Giant inflated-ball game in Park’s upper field

Ongoing activities include
-   Face Painting
-   Used Book Sale benefiting Nicaguaga Youth Trip   
-   Fairfax Cares Information Table
-   Fairfax Parks & Recreation Department activities sign up
-   Music & dancers???

We are looking for volunteers to be Ducky Guides, Ducky Ticket Sellers at the launch site Saturday morning, help set up tents mid-morning at the Grand Opening site in the Park, help at some of the tables and help clean up in the afternoon.

If you are interested in volunteering your time, please contact Carol Lizotte by phone at 849-9200 ext 2025 or by email at cal100@educert.com.

These events are sponsored by the Fairfax Parks & Recreation Department, in collaboration with various community members working to support the Fairfax Fire Department, Fairfax Professional & Business Association, and the United Church of Fairfax for the Nicaguaga Youth Trip.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: