Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 16, 2024, 02:33:05 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Former St Luke Parishioner Lorraine Barrows Passes Away
« previous next »
: [1]
: Former St Luke Parishioner Lorraine Barrows Passes Away  ( 2076 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 17, 2014, 05:48:52 AM »

The Barrows family lived on Route 128 in a trailer on the left prior to what used to be Stygles Trailer Park & also the farm where Walt & Clem Cardinal were brought up.  Stan used to ride with me during his high school years to Essex Junction High School.  For those of you who were into CB Radios, you may remember hearing Stan check with me to see if I had left yet so he could go out by the road & wait for me.  Over the years I have run across different members of the family.  The last time I saw Lorraine, she was a cashier in KMart & identified herself to me.  Got a call from Stan one night when he was in the service, just checking in to see how I was doing& another day stopped in to Aubuchon's in Essex Center & one of the twins came over to greet me & identify himself.  Truly interesting how some families leave a lifelong impression on you.  Lorraine, May you rest in peace as you join your parents, husband Gilbert & sons Stan & Shannon.  I still have the Christmas gift the boys gave me in appreciation of their rides to Essex Junction high school.

BURLINGTON — Lorraine M. Barrows passed away on Tuesday, July 15, 2014. She was born in Richford on Sept. 17, 1938, the daughter of the late Dora (Michlette) and Amedee Paul Maille. Lorraine worked for many years in the medical field. She earned a Licensed Nursing Assistant certificate, and was employed by both Birchwood Nursing Home and retired from Fletcher Allen Health Care after 20-plus years of service. She also enjoyed helping people, being with her grandchildren, playing music, cards and traveling. She was predeceased by her brother, Paul Maille; her husband, Gilbert S. Barrows; and sons, Stanton E. and Shannon M. Barrows. She is survived by her son, Steven A. Barrows and wife, Melissa, with whom she recently lived in their home care; brothers, Joseph and George; sister-in-law, Theresa Maille; sister, Margarite M. Guthrie; grandchildren, Anthony Barrows and fiancee, Patricia Baldoni, Ashley B. Sawyer, Bryant and Chrystal M. Towns, Dominick and Lilly Barrows; and great-grand­children, Alyena Sawyer, Adrianna Towns, and Emmie Sawyer.

A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated on Monday, July 21, 2014, at 11 a.m. in the St. Pius X Church in Essex Center. Interment will follow in Holy Family Cemetery in Essex Junction. Arrangements are in care of the Corbin and Palmer Funeral Home, 9 Pleasant St., Essex Junction.

In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the Vermont Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired, 60 Kimball Ave., South Burlington, VT 05403.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: