Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 02:21:45 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Sara Gingue Featured On Made In Vt On Channel 3
« previous next »
: [1]
: Sara Gingue Featured On Made In Vt On Channel 3  ( 2140 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 17, 2014, 07:03:34 PM »

MiVT: Chunky Love Boutique

Posted: Nov 17, 2014 1:46 PM EST

Updated: Nov 17, 2014 6:09 PM EST

By Gina Bullard

Connect

FAIRFAX, Vt. -  Things at the Gingue house can get a little hectic. Five-year-old Brooklyn and two-year-old Whitney keep their mom, Sara, busy. But when the house is quiet, the Fairfax mom gets to work -- making kid and baby essentials for her business, Chunky Love Boutique.

"When I first started I would get four to seven orders and now I'm between 25 and 35 a month," Gingue said.

She keeps tracks of her sales on a map above her work area. Gingue started the business last year and sells her bibs, burp cloths and more on Etsy.  She named it after her two little loves. "They were 8.5 and 9.5 pounds, so that's where the chunky came from," she said.

Chunky Love Boutique started after Brooklyn was born and Gingue was pregnant with Whitney.  The business was a way for the stay-at-home mom to bring in extra income.

"What I had for Brooklyn was very thin. It didn't hold up to using constantly, especially the bibs and burp cloths, so I wanted to make a product that lasted longer and was cute too," Gingue said.
She offers endless print and color options for each piece.  Items range in price from $7 to $32. Her blankets are made of a super soft fleece known as Minksy, and are some of her best sellers. "The lovies are your security blankets to take to bed, and then the bigger ones are snuggle blankets because you want to snuggle with them," Gingue said.

Brooklyn and Whitney can attest that these blankets are extra cozy and can go anywhere.  All of her packages are perfectly wrapped and sent out with a personalized thank you note. "Let them know that they're not just a number," she said.

Pouring the love for her kids into her business that's Made in Vermont.

http://www.wcax.com/story/27406226/mivt-chunky-love-boutique
« : November 18, 2014, 09:19:15 AM mkr »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: