Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 12:25:20 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Small Town Folks
« previous next »
: [1]
: Small Town Folks  ( 2777 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 12, 2007, 07:42:58 AM »

Hi All,

Had to go down to Yankee Medical in St. Albans yesterday and actually thought I knew where it was going, but I guess I didn't.  I found Monarch Medical a little ways up on Route 36 and thought I was in the general area where it was.  Gave Maryann a call on my cell phone and understood from her that it was in a little mall somewhere around BFA.  Well, I couldn't find it there so stopped in at a little Deli Place across from BFA and asked for a phone book.  While I was looking at the phone book heard, "Henry Raymond, is that you?"

It was Nancy Pigeon, former owner of Nan's Mobil.  We chatted for a bit and several people gave me directions on how to find it.  Never thought I would be asking directions in St. Albans.  Went back up on Route 104 in the area of Collins Perley and went up in the area where they have been putting up a lot of new buildings.  Saw a Dentist Office there and figured I should go in and ask there.  They certainly would know.  When I walked in there were a couple of gentlemen sitting there and one of them said, "Hi Henry."  I had absolutely no idea who he was although he did look familiar.  He was the Dentist, David Stanley from Fairfax.  I have met his wife Carol at the school a number of times.  He didn't actually know where Yankee Medical was, but took me out back to speak with someone he was sure would.  He introduced me to her and she said, "Oh, I know Henry, we have e-mailed each other."

Well, I was dumb founded as I had no idea who this was.  Come to find out she is Bonnie (Irish) Evans and we had corresponded on the Irish Geneaology.  Of course we both knew Betsy Berardinelli and had quite a long chat.  She knew exactly also where Yankee Medical was.  (I had driven by it about four times and hadn't seen it.)  After about an hour or more of searching including a lot of visiting I drove into Yankee Medical and made my purchase and decided I would head home.  As I drove out of the parking lot, turned on my left directional light and Wham-O, it was blinking about 5 times as fast as it should and a signal came on on my dash.  Yup!! a blown directional light bulb.  So off to Paquins I went hoping for a quick fix.  Twenty minutes later I was on my way home, having completed my trip and purchase to Yankee Medical.

Now had I not met so many nice interesting people, this could have been a frustrating experience, but as it was I thought, "Gee, it sure is great to live here in Small Town, Vermont, where people you haven't seen in years and even those you have never met take the time to say 'Hi'."

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: