Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 11:02:41 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Grand Daughter Of Esther Gillin Kearney Passes Away
« previous next »
: [1]
: Grand Daughter Of Esther Gillin Kearney Passes Away  ( 2081 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : March 18, 2016, 11:25:06 AM »

The Gillin Family from Cherrierville was an Old, Old, Family here in town.  I believe Esther was over 100 years old when she died.  Nancy was her grand daughter.  Nancy's father was one of the train orphans dropped off up here at the train station.  I believe her sister Mary McClintock has written quite a bit on the orphans dropped off at the train station up here.

Nancy Kearney Wise, 78 of Essex Junction died peacefully on March 15, 2016. She was born on December 29, 1937 in Fairfield, VT the daughter of Edward and Esther Kearney. She graduated from Cathedral High School in 1955 and became a Sister of Mercy where she took the name Sr. Mary de Sales. She continued her love of learning by graduating from Trinity College. She went on to receive her Master's Degree from St. Michael's College and her PhD in Sacred Ministry from the Catholic University of America in Washington, DC. Nancy began her teaching career as a Sister of Mercy at St. Michael's High School in Montpelier in the early 1960s. She taught at Rice Memorial High School in South Burlington from 1965 - 1970. After 25 years as a Sister of Mercy she was released from her vows. She worked for General Electric from 1981-1989 and then retired and moved to Whitcomb Woods in Essex Junction.Nancy is survived by her sister Mary McClintock and her husband Richard, her brother Patrick Kearney and his wife Mary; nieces and nephews: Dan and Lisa McClintock, Rick and Lee McClintock, Mike and Lynn McClintock, Tish and Bill Boldwin, Kathleen and Brian Bush, Colleen and Michael Case and Timothy Kearney and several grand-nieces and nephews.  Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated on Saturday, March 19, 2016 at 1:30 PM at St. Lawrence Church in Essex Junction. Burial will be at a later date. There are no calling hours. Donations in her memory may be made to the Sisters of Mercy at 100 Mansfield Avenue, Burlington, VT or Rice Memorial High School, 99 Proctor Avenue, South Burlington, VT 05403

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: