Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 06:08:32 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Shirley Shores Passes Away At 83
« previous next »
: [1]
: Shirley Shores Passes Away At 83  ( 1730 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : March 19, 2016, 06:43:40 AM »

Shirley Frances Shores

( April 05, 1932 - March 11, 2016 )

Mrs. Shirley Frances (Palmer) Shores, age 83, passed away Friday, March 11, 2016 in the St. Albans Health and Rehabilitation Center. She was born on April 5, 1932 in Georgia, VT daughter of the late Elijah and Ada (Cross) Palmer. Shirley was a graduate of Bellows Free Academy. July 4, 1950 she married Richard Shores. She owned and operated Hodge Podge Antiques for many years. Shirley enjoyed antiques, spending time at the ocean, Lighthouses, and will be fondly remembered for her love of birds. She was a member of the Vermont Association for the Blind, and a communicant of Holy Angels Church.

Shirley is survived by her husband Richard Shores, Sr. of Fairfax, her children, Pauline Frazier and her husband Morris of Vancouver, WA, Richard Shores, Jr, of Sheldon, Mary Long and her companion Tim Zollo of Vancouver, WA, Daniel Shores of Aurora, CO, Sally Heyer and her husband Joel of Fairfax, Diane Mears and her husband Philip of Milton, and Susan Stryker of Calais, ME, 13 grandchildren, 1 great-grandchild, a sister Barbara Bordeau of Plainville, CT and her feline companion Mr. Bear. Besides her parents, Shirley was predeceased by her son Kevin, her brothers Glendon and Leslie Palmer, and a sister Marion Newton.

A Celebration of Shirley’s life will be held at a later date. Memorials may be made in her memory to the Vermont Association for the Blind, 60 Kimball Ave., South Burlington, VT 05403, or the Franklin County Home Health Agency, 3 Home Health Circle, St. Albans, VT, 05478. Online condolences may be sent to her family at the Brady & Levesque Funeral Home website: www.bradyandlevesque.com. Arrangements are entrusted to the Brady & Levesque Funeral Home and Commemorative Services.
« : March 19, 2016, 06:50:11 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: