Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 04:37:01 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Only A Vermonter
« previous next »
: [1]
: Only A Vermonter  ( 1949 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 16, 2007, 07:07:29 AM »

Hi All,

Mike Cain has an interesting little blog this morning about receiving a phone call that was a wrong number and the results on his web site at:

Now, Vermonters are portrayed as Yup!!  and Nope!! types of people.  That is really a bad portrayal as when they meet a stranger, they will pursue a line of questioning until they can find some common ground.

I have had some conversations with my neighbors Ronnie & Theresa Gross as well as notes from Betsy Berardinelli down in Florida, as well as many of my retired IBM friends down in Florida who simply see a car with a Vermont License Plate, or a Vermont T Shirt and make a point to go over and talk to them for the express purpose of finding some common ground.  You know what, before the end of the conversation, they usually do. So as you can see, just because a Vermonter leaves Vermont, he or she doesn't leave the Vermonter here.

Now some people might call us nosy, but I like to think of us as just downright friendly people.[/b]

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: