Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 01:23:19 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  RITA M. BARNIER (BADGER- BAILLARGEON) Last Of Original Family
« previous next »
: [1]
: RITA M. BARNIER (BADGER- BAILLARGEON) Last Of Original Family  ( 2249 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 20, 2007, 07:52:42 AM »

Hi All,

Rita M. (Badger-Baillargeon) passed away according to this morning's Burlington Free Press.  Rita was one of 15 children born to Felix and Jennie (Oliver) Badger-Baillargeon.  The family lived in Westford prior to moving to Fairfax on the farm located beyond Fairfax Falls on Route 104 that was owned a while back by Dave & Robin Garner.  The last of the Badger family to live on the farm was Theresa (Badger) Maxfield who was married to Harvey Maxfield.  Felix died in an automobile accident up in Wolcott in 1958 and Jennie died down in Bellows Falls back in 1965.

I have tried to name some of the 15 kids,  but there are some that I did not know.  those that I can name are:  Mary Jane Bernadette Melvina BADGER Murry, Eugene Peter BAILLARGEON, Mary Regina Eveline BADGER, Joseph Armand Napoleon BAILLARGEON, Edward A. BAILLARGEON, Lucille Yvonne BADGER Barnier, Theresa Dora BADGER Maxfield, Albert BAILLARGEON, Walter BAILLARGEON and Rita M. BAILLARGEON Barnier.

There are a number of the family buried up in St. Luke's Cemetery and I did receive some requests for genealogy information from one of the members of the family.  I believe there are also some of the younger generation still living in Fairfax.

Although Rita never actually lived in Fairfax, below is her obituary:

RITA M. BARNIER (BADGER- BAILLARGEON) BURLINGTON — SHE IS NOW HOME. Died at home Tuesday, Sept. 18, 2007, after a 13 year battle with Alzheimer's disease at the age of 93 years old. She was born June 7, 1914, in Westford. One of 15 children of Felix and Jennie (Oliver) Badger-Baillargeon. In 1934 she married Theodore D. Barnier who predeceased her in 1965. She was also predeceased by her son Reginald T. Barnier in 2001. She lived all of her life in Burlington. Her family was most important to her. She loved to cook and spend time with her children, especially her grandchildren and great-grandchildren. She enjoyed traveling but especially loved walks on the beach in Maine to search for seashells and her favorite - sand dollars. Her all-time favorite thing to do was to share a strawberry ice cream cone with anyone who was willing to partake. She is survived by her daughter, Lorraine (Barnier) Bergeron of Concord, N.H., and her son, Gerald Barnier of Burlington, with whom she resided; daughter-in-law, Shirley Barnier of Milton; a sister, Lucille Barnier of Burlington; two sisters-in-law, Clemence Niquette of Burlington and Katherine Badger of Essex Junction. She is also survived by 10 grandchildren, 20 greatgrandchildren, and six great great- grandchildren, many nieces and nephews and also her extended family and friends. She was also predeceased by her best and dearest friend, Seraphina Lascelles in 1978. The family wishes to thank her caregivers Dawn Thibault (granddaughter), Mary Gauvin (granddaughter) and Kate Remillard whose loving care made it possible for her to remain at home. Special thanks to her doctor, Frank Landry and his caring staff, and Lynn Carver from Chittenden County Agency on Aging, and the special attention and care from VNA/Hospice. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated on Saturday, Sept, 22, at 10 a.m. in St. Joseph Co-Cathedral in Burlington. Interment will follow in New Mount Calvary Cemetery in Burlington. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to VNA/Hospice of the Champlain Valley, 1110 Prim Road, Colchester, VT 05446. Visiting hours will be on Friday, Sept. 21, from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. in LaVigne Funeral Home, 132 Main St., Winooski.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: