Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 06:26:10 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Pete & Madonne "We Have Lost Everything We Worked So Hard For"
« previous next »
: [1]
: Pete & Madonne "We Have Lost Everything We Worked So Hard For"  ( 3996 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 23, 2008, 09:09:05 AM »

Pete & Madonne look at what they have worked so hard for gone up in flames - They lost about 20 cows they estimate
The kids are at the neighbors as Madonne said they wanted to remove the dead animals before the kids returned

Greg Hartman, neighbor was the first fireman to arrive and flames were shooting out of a ventilating fan - Once the circuit breaker blew, flames shot through the barn in a matter of minutes.

Pete talks with some of his friends and neighbors

These two photos show nothing left to the barn

Emily (Minor) Hayes prepares sandwiches for the fireman who have been working since shortly after 4 a.m. on a makeshift table

Chris Santee is sending me about 30 photos he took that I will be putting up in a special photo gallery and you can click below to see the 14 photos I took in a slideshow format of Pete & Madonne's fire:

« : April 23, 2008, 02:18:59 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #1 : April 23, 2008, 12:43:07 PM »

Our thoughts and prayers and deep sympathy are with Pete and Madonna and their family.  If there is something that we as a church community can do, we would be glad to help.
Blessings
Rev. Elizabeth and the United Church family.
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : April 23, 2008, 06:37:23 PM »

Took a quick run over to the Rainville Farm tonight.  The only cattle left at the farm appear to be a bunch of calves housed up in a lean-too.  Down the road, the surviving cows are at the Webb farm where they are being held outside and run through the milking parlor on a temporary basis at least.  I am sure Pete & Madonne will have to make a lot of decisions over the next week or so and they will have a tough road ahead.

Just a small smudge of smoke left tonight at the farm however the smell of smoke is definitely in the air as a light rain is falling.

Henry Raymond
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #3 : April 24, 2008, 03:36:16 AM »

Awful, just Awful.

I hope they rebound well.

I never want to experience a situation like that.

: [1]  
« previous next »
: