Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 03, 2024, 04:25:56 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Reality Sets In - Not Really Summer Yet - Coming Week April Showers
« previous next »
: [1]
: Reality Sets In - Not Really Summer Yet - Coming Week April Showers  ( 2341 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 25, 2008, 08:23:22 AM »

Hi All,

70s and 80s in April when the temperatures should actually be in the mid 50s.  Back when I used to plant a vegetable garden, I felt lucky if I could manage to till up a space for a couple rows of peas that I felt up here on this sand, I definitely had to plant by April 15th.  Some years, I remember planting them when there was still snow on the ground.  If I didn't get them in by then, they wouldn't amount to much.  I used to get my seeds from York, PEI and used to plant Green Arrow Peas.  Always had a full pod of peas, unlike the ones you get at the vegetable stands that sometimes have one or three peas in the pod.

Well, thank God, Duane Leach put a ban on open fires here in Fairfax, as it truly is very, very dry.  Have a lot of dead spots on my lawn that certainly won't come to life without a little rain. 

However, looks like the temperatures will drop and the April showers will arrive soon according to the latest weather forecast:

The work week will end up in spectacular fashion with a delightful spring day.  High pressure will give us lots of sunshine and temperatures in the low 70s today. 

Most of the weekend is looking okay, although there will be a few showers during the overnight hours on Saturday night.  And a cooling trend will take place over the weekend.

A big change in the weather pattern will start next week with the arrival of heavier, steadier rain on Monday and Tuesday.  Temperatures will continue to fall and there could be some snow in the mountains by mid-week.

+ 5-day Forecast
Fri: Hi 74 F Lo 45 F Mostly sunny
Sat: Hi 69 F Lo 47 F Partly sunny; breezy; increasing clouds late; showers overnight
Sun: Hi 60 F Lo 42 F Chance for AM showers; then partly cloudy; cooler
Mon: Hi 57 F Lo 41 F Some AM sun; increasing clouds; rain developing
Tue: Hi 50 F Lo 37 F Periods of rain

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: