Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 01:19:35 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Beware When Booking Vacations
« previous next »
: [1]
: Beware When Booking Vacations  ( 2642 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : April 28, 2008, 07:46:28 AM »

One of my daughters booked a mini vacation to relax a bit through Expedia at Key Largo resort at Manatee Bay.  She just planned to hang around the pool, read and relax a bit for a week.  When she got to the particular hotel where she had booked her vacation, she found that the restaurant had been closed a while back by the board of health and had not reopened.  The pool was also closed by the board of health, but they kept telling her it should be open tomorrow.

She had originally not planned to rent a car, but fortunately she did so she was able to go out to eat.  She called Expedia and told them they should make a note that the place did not have a restaurant, so they not misinform people in the future.  She did get them to call the place and have them only charge her for four days as she found another hotel with a nice restaurant and pool for $35 less a day.

This was a package deal at Key Largo resort at Manatee Bay.  She told us, "After a 3rd time where my key no longer worked and they skipped cleaning my room, I chose to check out."

I will have to see if I can find what kind of an ad that place might have on the Internet.  What a rip-off.

Click on the following link and you will see what she thought she was getting:

« : April 28, 2008, 07:51:19 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: