Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 05:21:38 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Rainy Damp Day Doesn't Stop These Green-Up Volunteers
« previous next »
: [1]
: Rainy Damp Day Doesn't Stop These Green-Up Volunteers  ( 3583 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 03, 2008, 10:25:58 AM »

Karen Minor, Olivia Snyder, Allie Minor and Mattie Hayes are shown up by Paquin's on The Fletcher Road

Larisa Marco, Isaac Barbour and Sheila McKay up by the Comette Road discovered an old abandoned cellar hole

Tom Pfeiffer, Amanda Ziegler, Sara Ziegler and Todd Stanley were down near the Tracy Road. This is a path where deer cross the road and they found the remains of one that didn't make it

Dana Collum, Isabelle Collum, Clarice Streets, Lily Coleman, Pam Bartlett and Amelia Bartlett have collected quite a bunch of stuff as they approach the top of the hill coming into the village near Joe Rainville's place

Adam Benay, Sara Villeneuve, Sebastian Daigle and Casey Baczewski started at the beginning of Fletcher Road and were up to Claude Rainville's farm when I caught up with them

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : May 04, 2008, 08:44:19 AM »

When I saw the cellar hole near Siller Road, I decided I would check out my old Maps and sure enough there was a house there.  In 1857, William Maxfield lived there.  He was the father of Sam Maxfield, who built the house and lived on the farm where my Dad's farm was.  In 1871, a J. Robinson owned it.  I will have to check with Don Flemming and see if he has ever been up around there with his metal detector - He might find some interesting things there.

Henry Raymond
treebeard34
: 103

« #2 : May 04, 2008, 11:19:10 AM »

Awsome job by everybody, thanks for keeping my favorite place looking good.

Mark Teague
: [1]  
« previous next »
: