Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:42:12 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Larry Hoben Passes Away Unexpectedly In Florida
« previous next »
: [1]
: Larry Hoben Passes Away Unexpectedly In Florida  ( 3239 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : May 31, 2008, 12:54:02 PM »

LAWRENCE "LARRY" DENNIS HOBEN

Lawrence “Larry” Dennis Hoben, 64, died unexpectedly at his home in Winterhaven, Fl on May 30, 2008.

Larry was born on February 3, 1944, in St. Albans, Vt., the son of Adolph and Katherine (Rooney) Hoben.  He graduated from BFA-Fairfax in 1963, having attended all 12 years of school there.  He then graduated from Champlain College in Burlington in 1965.  After his graduation from Champlain College in 1965, Larry worked for the Grand Union Company and was in their Management Training Program.  He remained there until 1970, when he started work for Wright’s Dairy in Enosburg Falls, Vt.  He began his employment with IBM in Essex Junction in 1973 and remained an active employee until July 31, 1992, at which time he took advantage of a retirement package that IBM was offering.

Since his retirement, Larry has enjoyed his retirement in Winterhaven, Fl.  Larry had many interests including camping, cars and traveling, but his greatest love was his family and friends. Over the years the family has many great memories of the time they shared with Larry. Whether at a family gathering, camping at Lake Carmi, or spending a day at Disney World, he always made our time with him special and he will be greatly missed. 

Larry was predeceased by his father, Adolph Hoben in 1971, his mother, Katherine (Rooney) Hoben in 1986 and his brother, Bernard Hoben in 2004.

Larry is survived by his sister, Maryann Raymond and her husband Henry of Fairfax and one sister-in-law, Janice Hoben of Winterhaven, Fl.  He also leaves his beloved nieces and nephews and their families, Brian & Judy Hoben, Spencer & Julie Hoben and Doreen & Bobby Holmes, all of Florida and Lynn & Mike Empey of Bellows Falls, Sharon Raymond of Hampton, NH and Mary Kay Raymond of Fairfax, as well as numerous cousins.  He also leaves his faithful companion, Kokomoe Joe, who was always given the attention he so justly deserved. 

The cremation was handled by Kersey Funeral Home in Auburndale, Florida and the ashes are being received by A. W. Rich Funeral Home in Fairfax. The family is handling the arrangements up here in Fairfax, Vermont.

A funeral mass will be celebrated at St. Luke Church in Fairfax on June 21, 2008 at 11 a.m., with inurnment to follow the service at Holy Cross Cemetery in the Hoben Family lot on Fairfax Street in St. Albans, Vermont.

In lieu of flowers, contributions may be sent to The Franklin County Humane Society, 30 Sunset Meadow, St. Albans, VT 05478 or COTS, PO Box 1616, Burlington, VT 05402
« : June 08, 2008, 08:16:19 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : June 08, 2008, 08:17:41 AM »

I have added the funeral arrangements to Larry's obituary which were not available at the time of the original posting.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: