Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:31:56 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Sometimes We Give Credit To The Wrong People
« previous next »
: [1]
: Sometimes We Give Credit To The Wrong People  ( 2221 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 07, 2008, 07:33:28 AM »

I gave credit to a new employee at the Printers of the Fairfax News, however, giving credit sometimes can be negative if it is given to the wrong person.  I received a note back from Jaz who does the Graphic Arts for The Fairfax News.  A special thanks to Jaz for her ongoing efforts in getting this corrected with the new printer:

Dear Henry,

I wanted to let you know that it was me who did the work on the photos. This printer is very heavy on the ink and I’ve had such problems with the photos. I spent this last issue working with Diana who works at the printer. We sent many emails back and forth to help me get the right contrast for the photos. I haven’t seen the paper yet; I’ll ask Chris to send me one. I was so hoping the photos would look so much better this issue. Your email is very encouraging.

Just this past Thursday, I was in Shelburne at a friend’s graphic design office. I was telling her about the problems I have had with the photos in the paper. She recently did a brochure that was printed at another company and the whole spread in the brochure was photos. They were all darker than the ones in the Fairfax News. So, sometimes, it is the printer, sometimes not.

I really appreciate your email about this matter. I can’t wait to see how much better the photos look in the paper.

Thanks again Henry.

Jazzi

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: