Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 17, 2024, 01:38:12 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  The Family That Owns Harrison Concrete & Wind Turbines
« previous next »
: [1]
: The Family That Owns Harrison Concrete & Wind Turbines  ( 6361 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : August 15, 2008, 09:25:57 AM »

The project has been presented to selectboards in Milton, Georgia, Fairfax and Westford, where it has received a good response Janet Harrison said. The towers would be visible to residents living in those towns.

The Harrison’s son, Kevin, said the family has not received a lot of feedback either way. 

“We’re just a local family trying to make the future better,” their daughter Kathy Harrison said.

To read the full article in The St. Albans Messenger, click on the following link:

Henry Raymond
Dick Brown
: 414

« #1 : August 15, 2008, 03:38:04 PM »

Good Afternoon, Henry     For a brief period years ago, I was Principal of the Sheldon School  ( 1983-86 ) and as such, had Kim, Kevin and Kathy Harrison as students and their parents, Jim and Janet as supporters, in that school system. These are all good, honest, hardworking individuals  who care about Vermont and its residents and will, I'm sure, fulfill any obligations to the towns and to the local environmental needs that they have promised.
From a limited energy knowledge background, it seems to me that this is a way for the State to create a pool of electrical power which is clean, efficient and not dependent upon the Mideast reserves as much. My personal sense of the Harrison family's love of the Vermont landscape leads me to feel that their plan will also take in account the unique features of our state and will not place a blight upon the mountains and valleys that make us so proud.           
I also think it's great that local, well-known businessmen are attempting to solve Vermont's energy problems, while making a reasonable profit  at the same time. Dick Brown 
7F24
: 253

« #2 : August 15, 2008, 03:55:33 PM »

I'm all for it....I hope I can see them from my house.
Henry
Administrator

« #3 : August 15, 2008, 09:06:20 PM »

Below is an illustration scanned from The St. Albans Messenger (excuse the quality) provided by Steve Bourgeois as to how the Turbines would look from BFA Fairfax:

Henry Raymond
Sue W.
: 167

« #4 : August 16, 2008, 05:01:40 AM »

I am all for it too!  I love looking at the wind farm in Churubusco, it is fascinating. In the 70's I lived in Europe and we went to Holland for summers.  The wind mills there were always great to see, although a little different than this type.   Wind technology is a good thing.

Last summer, my husband and I were very fortunate to see the wind mills in Churubusco being built.  Each propellor(sic?) takes up the back of a tractor trailer.  It was amazing to watch.  We enjoyed it very much.

The Harrison's have been very supportive of many groups in our area.  I am glad they are pursuing this. 
Henry
Administrator

« #5 : August 16, 2008, 11:22:54 AM »

The Harrison's attended the June 16, 2008 Selectboard Meeting and the minutes reflect the following in case any of you missed it:

Wind Energy Project on Georgia Mountain- Jim, Janet, and Kathy Harrison attended tonight's meeting to present information about the wind energy project on Georgia Mountain in Milton. Peter Cross of Cross Consulting Engineers and Martha Staskus of Vermont Environmental Research Associates attended tonight's meeting as well. Martha gave an overview of the project, and explained that the project has yet to enter the permitting phase, which may take more than a year to complete. The proposed location for the windmills is Ted Road in Milton, off Milton-Westford Road on a piece of property owned by the Harrison family. When the permit application has been completed, surrounding towns will receive notification. Martha distributed information about the project; anyone interested in reviewing the information should contact the Town Office.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #6 : August 16, 2008, 06:35:19 PM »

Below is a photo of The Harrisons that I clipped from The Milton Independent:

You can click on the following link to read the article that was in The Milton Independent back in May when they presented to The Milton Selectboard:

« : August 16, 2008, 06:39:34 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: