Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 12:20:06 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  No Wonder They Closed The Richmond Bridge
« previous next »
: [1]
: No Wonder They Closed The Richmond Bridge  ( 3577 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 06, 2008, 08:56:16 AM »

Lots of controversy over the closing of the bridge in Richmond that will probably force some businesses to close.  Looking at the picture below, looks like they didn't close it any too soon.

Just something else to add to already rising expenses - read the Burlington Free Press Story if you wish by clicking on the following link:

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=200880906004
« : September 06, 2008, 08:59:30 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Judi
: 508

« #1 : September 06, 2008, 09:21:50 AM »

This is the result of using the transportation funds to balance the budget instead of fixing the infrastructures that have needed repairs or replacement. It's called...let the next (political leaders) generation worry about it!
Mummy
: 280

« #2 : September 06, 2008, 02:33:59 PM »

Makes me wonder who's job is it to speak up for the safety of these bridges?  It is someone's job to inspect these bridges and this didn't just happen.  This report scares me.   

If you think back a generation or even in your own families, there was someone who spoke out for safety.   Because of that one person (or group) speaking out WE ALL live in a safer world today.  I recall how my family belonged to a Union when I was young.  The Unions did set the work week for most of us who are so lucky to work  just 40-hours.  Before the Unions, the work week was much longer and conditions of course were terrible.  I also remember when the families were on STRIKE, everyone suffered but in the end we all won!  Even today, we are repeating the wonderful benefits of those Fore Fathers who spoke up and suffered for what we have all benefited from.   This story makes me wonder "what are we demonstrating to our youth?" 
: [1]  
« previous next »
: