Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 06:15:39 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  POLICE SEARCH FOR PETER CHUMWAY
« previous next »
: [1]
: POLICE SEARCH FOR PETER CHUMWAY  ( 3103 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : June 02, 2005, 05:49:26 PM »

FAIRFAX FARMER FOILS BURGLARY;
POLICE SEARCH FOR 2ND SUSPECT

By Messenger Staff

Fairfax – A local farmer was involved in the capture of one burglary suspect on Thursday morning and police search continues today for the alleged culprit’s accomplice.

Vermont State Police said Jarrett Irwin, 26, of Burlington, was arrested after allegedly breaking into the Cherrierville Road residence of Kevin Bushey.

Police are searching for Peter Chumway, who they say was involved in the incident.  Chumway’s age and town of residence were not made available.

Bushey confronted two burglars in his home as the pair held a pistol and hunting rifle, owned by Bushey.  Sources indicate that a struggle took place.
Prior to the encounter, Bushey punctured the tires on a vehicle parked in his yard in which he had spotted some of his possessions.

Erwin was alleged to have fled the scene in that vehicle with Bushey in pursuit.  Bushey eventually spotted the car in a driveway on Route 104 and, using his vehicle, pushed it into a ditch.

It is believed that Chumway fled Bushey’s residence on foot.

The Cherrierville was one in a series of break-ins in the neighborhood that has had residents on watch for suspicious activity.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : June 02, 2005, 08:49:07 PM »

Charges were filed today in connection with a Fairfax burglary that police say backfired on the crooks. Police say 25-year-old Jarrett Erwin of Shelburne was the "wheel man" during a burglary yesterday at this home in Fairfax. But the burglary was bungled when homeowner Kevin Bushey caught the crooks red-handed. Police say one of the theives identified as Peter Shumway had two guns -- but Bushey disarmed him -- beat him up -- and left him behind to flatten Erwin's tires with a screwdriver. Police captured Erwin a half-mile away sitting in his disabled car. Today he pled innocent to burglary charges and was released. Shumway fled before police arrived and is still on the loose.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: