Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 11:13:14 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Vermont Youth Hunting Weekend
« previous next »
: [1]
: Vermont Youth Hunting Weekend  ( 2285 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 09, 2008, 09:59:47 AM »

I just went out to get the Free Press and noticed a parent and child out in the back part of the corn field out back of the house with their orange vests on.  We have a pretty big field out back and there are usually deer out there, so when the land isn't posted, usually a number of hunters during deer season.  Maryann and I built our house here in 1968 and Mother & Dad bought the little farm just up the road in 1953.  There have been a few scary times when lots of hunters were out there, and Maryann never let the girls play out in the back yard during that time a year.

Now there are many more houses in the area with Tracy Road, Meghan Road and all of the development around, so has not become the best place in the world to hunt.  I am sure that in their hunter safety courses, hunters are taught to not shoot up towards the Fletcher Road.  Even then, of course any direction they shoot, they won't be far from some houses.

Watched the news last night and they were talking about Youth Hunting Weekend, and I was impressed with the training they were given.  One young man said the following:

"They were pretty strict about it. There was a kid who sneezed and he dropped his gun and they didn't give him his orange card because of that, which allows you to buy your license," said Tillberg.

But game wardens say weekends like this one are just as beneficial. Kids are required to hunt with an adult -- but the adult cannot carry a weapon. Instead parents serve as coaches and teachers, helping introduce their children to the sport of hunting.

If you would like to read more about it, click on the following link:

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: