Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 01:34:51 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Will There Be School Tomorrow??
« previous next »
: [1]
: Will There Be School Tomorrow??  ( 3054 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : November 30, 2008, 08:11:58 AM »

Winter weather advisory in effect from 8 pm this evening to 10 am est Monday.

The NWS in burlington has issued a winter weather advisory for mixed precipitation for the saint lawrence valley, much of the northern adirondacks and all of northern vermont, which is in effect from 8 pm this evening to 10 am est monday.

2 to 5 inches of snow and sleet accumulation is possible during the advisory period. Some light ice accumulation is also possible. The bulk of this snow and sleet will occur within the first 6 to 8 hours of the advisory. The mixed wintry precipitation may be moderate to heavy at times late Sunday evening into the pre-dawn hours on Monday. Precipitation is expected to change to rain Monday morning.

A winter weather advisory means that periods of snow, sleet, or freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while driving.

Henry Raymond
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #1 : November 30, 2008, 09:54:40 AM »

Only three weeks till Winter.

Thanks to our bus drivers.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
MikeF9
: 1994

« #2 : November 30, 2008, 02:19:29 PM »

Technically, for meteorologists, winter begins Monday. For them, the seasons are three months long.
Winter-December, January, February
Spring-March, April, May
Summer-June, July, August
Fall/Autumn-September, October, November

Then again, we can get into other options as well:
Vermont has five seasons, the original four and mud season.
Some say March can be it's own season.
Others say Vermont has two seasons.................
Winter and the Fourth of July.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: