Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 01:28:07 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Last Night's Tractor Fire
« previous next »
: [1]
: Last Night's Tractor Fire  ( 2457 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : December 04, 2008, 09:04:15 AM »

I was watching the news last night when the fire occurred across from Minors.  Chris Santee http://www.franklinone.com/ says on his web site that the during the fire, the gas tank exploded.  Wonder if the firemen were on the scene when that happened.  Sounds like a pretty dangerous situation.  Was on the scene of an accident one time when a car was starting to smoke after the accident.  Luckily the occupant of the car was pulled out of the car as a while later the car did go up in flames.  I would expect that fireman have no safety gear that allows them to get too close to such a situation.

I believe the land across from Minors belongs to Rene Boissoneault, so suspect that the tractor belonged to the family leasing the Boissoneault Farm on Boissoneault Road.

Henry Raymond
PotterFXFD
: 269

« #1 : December 04, 2008, 09:26:38 AM »

We where on scene but it was the tires that where blowing up. Also very dangerous as they are (chloride (I think) Filled )  for extra weight and traction.   Tractor was a total loss.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: