Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 06:39:46 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Its A Winter Storm WARNING Now - May Not Be Fairfax
« previous next »
: [1]
: Its A Winter Storm WARNING Now - May Not Be Fairfax  ( 2146 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : January 27, 2009, 07:48:59 AM »

Winter storm warning in effect from 3 am Wednesday to 1 am est thursday, however, if I check carefully, I don't see anything about Northwestern Vermont, which is us here in Fairfax.

The NWS in burlington has issued a winter storm warning for heavy snow for the adirondacks in northern New York, as well as the champlain valley of Vermont and New York, and north central and northeast Vermont, which is in effect from 3 am Wednesday to 1 am est Thursday. The winter storm watch is no longer in effect.

Light snow will develop across the region early Wednesday morning between 3 am and 6 am. The snow will increase in intensity during the day on Wednesday and continue into Wednesday night, before tapering off to snow showers after midnight Wednesday night. Total snow accumulations of 6 to 12 inches are possible with this storm by wednesday night.

A winter storm warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an emergency. If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food, and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: