Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 03:26:55 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  No More "Uncle Mike's Website"
« previous next »
: [1]
: No More "Uncle Mike's Website"  ( 5272 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : January 31, 2009, 09:23:28 AM »

With the switch over to Fairpoint, I can no longer get to my website.
So....I guess it's over. For now anyway. I had been talking with someone about creating a site to be handled by their server.
But they have been involved with another project, so it might be a couple of weeks.

I do blame myself, because I knew it was coming, but never made the change.
I worked on my site through Verizon's site, so there was really nothing I could "back-up".

It would have been nice to get a notice or something from Verizon, stating that my website would be inaccessable as of January 30th.

Thank you to everyone who visited my site. Thank you for the notes on the pictures I took or the blogs I wrote. Thank you to Henry and Chris for promoting my site.

Uncle Mike's Web Site May 1, 2005-January 29, 2008.
It's been a blast.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Mojovt
: 77

« #1 : January 31, 2009, 09:44:15 AM »

Mike,
I'm not sure if you got this email, or if it even applies to your situation, but check it out...

Changes to your Personal Web Space

FairPoint Customer,

On January 30, 2009, FairPoint Communications will be making important changes to your personal web space account.

We'll be migrating all of your files from the Verizon-hosted web space to FairPoint-owned equipment. You'll be unable to update your web space from January 30 until February 14. However, your site will still be viewable by visitors. You won't have to re-create anything. FairPoint will automatically activate your web space account with all your existing files and directory structures in place.

It's important to note:

Your web space address will change from mysite.verizon.net/username to MyFairPoint.net/username
You'll be able to log in to your new web space using your new email address (ex:  username@myfairpoint.net) and your existing password
Your old web space address will be redirected to your new one until March 13, 2009

We appreciate your patience during this time. Please feel free to contact FairPoint Internet Technical Support at 1.800.240.5019 with any questions.

Hope it helps...I liked looking at your site....

Scott Day
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : January 31, 2009, 09:51:49 AM »

Yes Mike,
Don't give up the ship - I was trying to find something on that, but couldn't - I remembered that it said we would not lose anything. 

Scott,  thanks for posting that - Would ruin my whole day if I couldn't go to Mike's Blogs.

I am going to create an area for Mike to blog here on the forum - He can then paste them in on his site later on when Fairpoint gets his web site back up.

Henry Raymond
MikeF9
: 1994

« #3 : January 31, 2009, 09:55:48 AM »

Thanks, Scott. I will see what I can do.

Thanks, Henry. We'll see what happens.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Henry
Administrator

« #4 : January 31, 2009, 09:58:12 AM »

Mike,

Take a look at the forum, right up at the top of the page - You're Number 1 - Blog away!!!

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #5 : January 31, 2009, 10:04:45 AM »

Also, Mike, you are already authorized to upload photos to my photo gallery and can bring them over from there into your blog which I can easily show you how to do if you like - We will do what we can until February 14th so we don't lose Uncle Mike's Daily Fix.

Henry Raymond
Mojovt
: 77

« #6 : January 31, 2009, 09:32:21 PM »

Glad to help out...you guys both do a great service for people around here, so I hope it works!

Scott Day
: [1]  
« previous next »
: