Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 01:24:52 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Pot Decriminalization Bill is Back
« previous next »
: [1]
: Pot Decriminalization Bill is Back  ( 2032 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 04, 2009, 07:56:07 AM »

Don't know if anyone has any strong feelings on this or not.  The Bill, as I understand it goes like this in a simplified format:

"State Representative David Zuckerman has introduced a bill that would replace a misdemeanor criminal penalty for possession of less than an ounce of pot with a civil fine of $100. When the bill was introduced, Tuesday, it had 18 co-sponsors."

I don't know how much an ounce of pot is, or its effect on the user.  Might as well start some dialog on this so our Representatives will know our feelings on it, if it is of any interest to anyone.

Henry Raymond
aheyer
: 9

« #1 : February 04, 2009, 08:01:04 AM »

This same bill just passed down here in MA during the November election and went into effect at the beginning of December.  What the state is now pushing for which I am sure that Vermont would as well is stricter local ordinances, so taking it out of the states hands and putting it into the hands of the cities and towns.  To me down here it seems as though it was one of those bills that the state did not think would get through, and then when it did they are not in a panic mode as to how to control it. 
: [1]  
« previous next »
: