Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 08:39:39 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Wanted - A Few Good Men!!
« previous next »
: [1]
: Wanted - A Few Good Men!!  ( 2654 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 15, 2009, 01:23:29 PM »

We've come up a few men short in the spring show, so please pass this along if you know anyone that might be interested!

Thanks,
Linda

Wanted: A few good men!

Seeking male actors, ages 20-40ish, to fill roles in the upcoming production of Mrs. Sorken Presents 3 Plays by Christopher Durang.  Roles are available in the one-act “For Whom the Southern Belle Tolls,” an irreverent parody of “The Glass Menagerie.”

A short description from www.christopherdurang.com:

In this version Amanda is frustrated with her over-sensitive, hypochondriac son named Lawrence.  Lawrence refuses to leave the house or get a job; he’s too shy to ever meet anyone; and he spends all his time playing with his collection of glass cocktail stirrers.  (“This one is called string bean because it’s long and thin,” he says.  “I call this one thermometer because it looks like a thermometer.”  “All my children have such imagination,” Amanda says with despair.)

Lawrence’s more regular brother Tom brings home a “feminine caller” from the warehouse, and Lawrence is overwhelmed by the butch girl Ginny who is deaf and shouts all the time.  Ginny and Lawrence eventually sort of hit it off, and she teaches him how to swagger and talk about baseball in a loud voice.  But then she leaves, and Tom goes off to the movies (where he has a tendency to meet and bring home sailors who have missed their boat), and Amanda is stuck forever with hopeless Lawrence.

Auditions will be held on Wednesday, 2/18 at 7pm at Bellows Free Academy in Fairfax .  For more information, call (802) 324-5637, email info@fctcvt.org, or visit us on the web at www.fctcvt.org.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: