Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 11:28:17 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  The Light At A. W. Rich Funeral Home Is On For Alden
« previous next »
: [1]
: The Light At A. W. Rich Funeral Home Is On For Alden  ( 2424 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 26, 2009, 06:00:55 PM »

Alden N. Sears

Swanton - Alden Nathaniel Sears, 97 passed away on Sunday February 22, 2009 at St. Albans Health Care & Rehabilitation Center in St. Albans.  He was born in Hartford, CT on November 20, 1911 son of the late Edson and Ilma (Shepardson) Sears.  He had been employed as a CPA for almost 50 years with Missisquoi Pulp and Paper Co.  Alden helped construct the long trail in the late 1930’s.  Was one of original founders of the Sportsman’s Club of Franklin County, and he was a true sportsman in every sense of the word.  Was an ardent snowmobiler, an avid golfer and looked forward to a round of golf as a former member of the St. Albans and a member of the Enosburg Country Clubs.  Alden made his summer home in the family camp on the west shore of Hathaway Point on beautiful Lake Champlain, and lived for the past few years at the Franklin Carriage House.  For over 20 years he was a true Vermont snowbird spending his winters in Fairhope, AL.

He is survived by his sons:  Richard Sears of St. Albans Bay and Fairhope, Al;  Russell Sears and his wife Geri of Marcola, OR;  His daughter-in-law Mary Pilon of St. Albans;  His sisters:  Phyllis Bouthillier;  Marilyn Wemitt;  Ilene Duerr;  Audrey Markle;  His sister-in-law Agnes Sears of Lyndonville;  Three grandsons:  Christopher Alden Sears, Ronald J. Sears Jr.  and Trevor Pilon.  One grand daughter Debbie Peck, our great grand children and many nieces and nephews.

He was also predeceased by his wife Cecile “Pat” Washburn, his son Ronald J. Sears Sr. on March 5, 1980;  His brother Kenton;  His sister Maxine Heald and his great grand daughter Kassidy Sears.

There will be no public visiting hours held.  A memorial service with inurnment will be held in Sanderson Corners Cemetery, Fairfax in the summer at a date and time to be announced.  Memorial contributions in Alden’s memory can be made to the United Church of Fairfax c/o Sally Sweet Treas. 44 Sweet-Slattery Road East Fairfield, VT 05448.  The family invites you to share your memories and online condolences by visiting Alden’s tribute at www.awrichfuneralhomes.com  Arrangements are by John D. Workman, A. W. Rich Funeral Home – Fairfax Chapel, 1176 Main St. Fairfax, VT 05454.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: