Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 11:25:19 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Saturday Is Town Meeting Day
« previous next »
: [1]
: Saturday Is Town Meeting Day  ( 2877 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 24, 2009, 08:04:18 AM »

Where did February go??  Got a note yesterday from Chris Santee as he prepares for the March issue of the Fairfax News and decided I had better check the calendar, thinking February can't be done.

Well, yes it has and Saturday, starting at 10 a.m. is our Town Meeting and a week from today is the day we will be voting on items on the Austrailian Ballot.  The School Meeting will be first this year on Saturday.

Charlotte McNall told me at the last Senior Luncheon that she would be making doughnuts - The ladies of the United Church always have some great doughnuts and sandwiches to tide everyone through the day.
« : February 24, 2009, 08:06:13 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
SusieJ
: 14

« #1 : February 26, 2009, 08:41:00 PM »

Does anyone know if childcare is available for families with young children so that they can participate during Town Meeting? Many families I know have asked me about this and I was not sure? Last year, I was disappointed to see the lack of people in my age range attending; my husband and I could not attend together because one of us needed to stay home with our kids. I won the coin toss and got to go.

I know Rev. Liz and the youth group have been amazing volunteers for the Success by Six community meetings -- watching kiddos so more people can be involved and present when discussing and deciding town and community issues.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: