Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:24:38 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Roger Boozan Celebrates His 94th Birthday Today
« previous next »
: [1]
: Roger Boozan Celebrates His 94th Birthday Today  ( 2918 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : March 09, 2009, 07:43:59 AM »

The last time I talked with Roger, he was still working a couple days a week.  Roger is a native of Fletcher and was brought up on the Metcalf Pond Road.  He is the only living grandson of William Boozan who settled in Fletcher on Boozan Hill, just off the North Road.  A couple of the other grandchildren, Dick Boozan and Madeline King passed away just a few years ago.  Roger and his wife Mary still have a camp up at Metcalf Pond.

I plan on giving Roger a call later today and will check to see if he is still working.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : March 09, 2009, 07:11:54 PM »

I called Roger to wish him a Happy Birthday this afternoon.  He tells me his Doctor tells him there is nothing wrong with him.  I asked him if he had given any thought to complete retirement and he told me he only works two days a week and then only until 1 p.m., but he enjoys his work and has given no thought to complete retirement, although he said he is pretty tired come 1 p.m.  Roger is married to the former Mary Provost who was also from Fletcher.  Mary is 87.

He is an amazing man.  His mind is as sharp as it can be.  He apologized for not recognizing my voice.  Of course I only call him once a year on the phone when I wish him a Happy Birthday.  I passed him off to his cousin, my wife Maryann, and they had a little chat.

He still drives up to their little camp on Metcalf Pond that he has had for years.

Henry Raymond
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #2 : March 14, 2009, 01:19:59 AM »

WOW!!

What an amazing man!

He can cut my 4 hairs ANY day!

I remember Metcalf Pond.  Good times.

Good for him and his work ethic.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: